Who am I?

I am Amanda, a stay at home mother to two wonderful children, Fiona & Ferris. Fiona has Autism, possibly caused by a small genetic deletion at 22q13.1 (but not the region attributed to Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - although she presents similarly), but we cannot say for certain, as her particular deletion is undocumented. In other words, according to medical literature currently available, she is the only known person with a deletion in this exact region, and so it is of "unknown clinical significance" and we have no idea what her future holds. Currently she is almost completely non-verbal, her only real word with any real meaning being "boob" as she is breastfed. *gasp* Yes, you read correctly, my almost 3 year old daughter still nurses, and I'm proud of that fact. Ferris is a neurotypical little chubba bubba baby man. He gives me sanity, and hope, and comfort for the future. He is nearly 8 months old at the time of this writing, and he is my charming, adorable, little-big guy. He is also breastfed, and doesn't seem to mind sharing with Sissy, who is the neatest thing since pureed peaches in his eyes. Want to know more? Just ask!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Holy Hell

I haven't posted recently, and I apologize for that. I've been doing this whole moving thing, and let me tell you, it is so much fun. Not.

I cannot tell if I'm coming or going or which end is up or down. I haven't slept much in the last 2 weeks and I've had very little time for my online stuff, which sucks because that is my me time, browsing facebook and my various forums and looking up hot coupon deals. Blah. I haven't even done any shopping in like 2 weeks I think. Crazy, right? This is me we're talking about... haha.

I'm almost done though, and hopefully will have my online time back soon. I need it. I miss everyone terribly and I'm so far behind I have no clue what everyone is doing and how everyone is, and I really need to catch up.

Just wanted to post this real quick like so everyone knows I am alive and well, well the well part is debatable LMAO but I'm alive and will be well when I'm done with all this crap.

Then I can write up an update on how things are in more detail.

Okay, time to go. Hopefully to sleep, but knowing me, probably back to work around the house getting things in order.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment