Who am I?

I am Amanda, a stay at home mother to two wonderful children, Fiona & Ferris. Fiona has Autism, possibly caused by a small genetic deletion at 22q13.1 (but not the region attributed to Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - although she presents similarly), but we cannot say for certain, as her particular deletion is undocumented. In other words, according to medical literature currently available, she is the only known person with a deletion in this exact region, and so it is of "unknown clinical significance" and we have no idea what her future holds. Currently she is almost completely non-verbal, her only real word with any real meaning being "boob" as she is breastfed. *gasp* Yes, you read correctly, my almost 3 year old daughter still nurses, and I'm proud of that fact. Ferris is a neurotypical little chubba bubba baby man. He gives me sanity, and hope, and comfort for the future. He is nearly 8 months old at the time of this writing, and he is my charming, adorable, little-big guy. He is also breastfed, and doesn't seem to mind sharing with Sissy, who is the neatest thing since pureed peaches in his eyes. Want to know more? Just ask!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Moving: Too Much Fun

Sorry I've been slacking off a bit on the blog posts. We are in the middle of moving, and it's at that critical point of "Oh crap, we're moving in 2 weeks and we've only packed 10 boxes," and we're in overdrive right now. Which doesn't leave much time for posting blogs.

Yesterday I spent all day doing laundry, whether it needed done or not, so I could pack all of our clothing, bedding, and towels freshly laundered, and packed everything we don't need in the next 2 weeks. I had Nathan go through his things, and I picked out 7 outfits for myself and for each of the kids, and we will just wash as needed, and packed the rest. Well, most of the rest. I still have more that needs laundering & packing.

It's hard getting anything done in a timely manner with two children who are very needy lately. Who am I kidding? They are always needy. Hah. They tend to not like me to get anything done, so I have to work in small spurts while they are entertaining themselves, which doesn't happen often or for very long when it does.

Today I want to work on the kitchen a bit, but I also want to finish all the laundry packing too. I want to get all the towels sorted and just keep a few out and pack the rest. I want to do the same with pots and pans, keep 2-3 things out and pack the rest, but I think we decided we were going to get a Rubbermaid or Sterlite bin for dishes/pans/etc and we haven't picked that up yet so...

Well, there was my free time for the afternoon. Ferris is fussing, and Fiona is awake. So... thanks for checking in with me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment