Who am I?

I am Amanda, a stay at home mother to two wonderful children, Fiona & Ferris. Fiona has Autism, possibly caused by a small genetic deletion at 22q13.1 (but not the region attributed to Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - although she presents similarly), but we cannot say for certain, as her particular deletion is undocumented. In other words, according to medical literature currently available, she is the only known person with a deletion in this exact region, and so it is of "unknown clinical significance" and we have no idea what her future holds. Currently she is almost completely non-verbal, her only real word with any real meaning being "boob" as she is breastfed. *gasp* Yes, you read correctly, my almost 3 year old daughter still nurses, and I'm proud of that fact. Ferris is a neurotypical little chubba bubba baby man. He gives me sanity, and hope, and comfort for the future. He is nearly 8 months old at the time of this writing, and he is my charming, adorable, little-big guy. He is also breastfed, and doesn't seem to mind sharing with Sissy, who is the neatest thing since pureed peaches in his eyes. Want to know more? Just ask!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Shopping!

I went on a bit of a shopping spree today, at both Walgreens and CVS. My final cost today was $7.28 and I bought a fair amount of goods.

From Walgreens, I bought the following:

3 boxes of peel and stick security envelopes, a zippered 3-ring binder (for my coupons), 2 cans of Edge brand shaving gel for Nathan, 2 deodorant sticks (ban & lady speed stick), 2 bottles of clean and clear body wash, 3 cans of tuna, and a pack of gum. I spent $6.68 out of pocket, and got $3 back in register rewards.

Next, I went to CVS, and bought these:

7 assorted boxes kraft Mac n cheese, a bowl noodles (yeah, not the healthiest, but it's a weakness of mine), 2 boxes nutter butters, 2 boxes oreos double stuffed, a box of assorted herbal teas, 10 cans tuna, and 3 cans campbells cream of soups. I spent $3.60 out of pocket.

So... That's 40 items for $7.28. Good, right?


Good times!

- Posted from iPad so forgive any auto-incorrects.

No comments:

Post a Comment