Who am I?

I am Amanda, a stay at home mother to two wonderful children, Fiona & Ferris. Fiona has Autism, possibly caused by a small genetic deletion at 22q13.1 (but not the region attributed to Phelan-McDermid Syndrome - although she presents similarly), but we cannot say for certain, as her particular deletion is undocumented. In other words, according to medical literature currently available, she is the only known person with a deletion in this exact region, and so it is of "unknown clinical significance" and we have no idea what her future holds. Currently she is almost completely non-verbal, her only real word with any real meaning being "boob" as she is breastfed. *gasp* Yes, you read correctly, my almost 3 year old daughter still nurses, and I'm proud of that fact. Ferris is a neurotypical little chubba bubba baby man. He gives me sanity, and hope, and comfort for the future. He is nearly 8 months old at the time of this writing, and he is my charming, adorable, little-big guy. He is also breastfed, and doesn't seem to mind sharing with Sissy, who is the neatest thing since pureed peaches in his eyes. Want to know more? Just ask!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sleep is Overrated

My darling daughter decided she wasn't really in the mood to sleep last night. I spent two hours in her room trying to get her in bed before finally giving up, and she went into tantrum mode when I tried to leave and go to bed, so I spent another two hours going back and forth consoling her. Around seven a.m., she finally gave in and fell asleep. Its nice to be needed and all, but sometimes its nice to sleep, too.

Blah, meh, and feck.

Maybe I'll get a nap in today. Ha. Yeah, right...

No comments:

Post a Comment